Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ho Ho Healthy!

Merry Christmas friends and family!!

            'Tis the season of celebrating everything we love all in one day- the birth of our King, the company of loved ones, the taste of delicious food, and the pleasant warmth of giving and receiving gifts. I hope this week finds all of you in good spirits, or if not, that you will receive the Christmas miracle you've been praying for. As for myself, as many of you know, I have been feeling pretty down-and-out for the past week or so, and will be joining in the prayer for a Christmas miracle. Jason and I have had to cancel most of our plans for the holidays due to me not feeling well and being mostly couch-ridden, but progress is being made.
           With all this extra time on my hands to think, I've been reminding once again how blessed I am by those around me. My best friend, Abi, was here for a week and I couldn't have asked for a better caregiver- she put up with me and my sick grumpiness, an ER visit, and our two crazy dogs! Mom has helped with groceries and cleaning. Grandma has helped Jason go on the errands I couldn't fulfill. Dad brought me flowers, my stepmom made us a tasty breakfast casserole. Last but never least, Jason has, as always, been my best friend and the world's greatest husband throughout the struggle this holiday season has been so far. He ordered flowers for me, cooked for us, took care of things around the house (even vacuuming!) and continues to encourage me and make me laugh even on the lowest days.
          I've also been thinking about what a blessing health is! God has created our bodies to be absolutely miraculous, and I can't help but realize how much I've taken that for granted before. We put them through hell so often- working out, too many desserts, playing sports, getting surgeries, who knows what else, and most of the time, they pull through. They fix themselves over and over without us even having to think about it. On our most exhausting days, they continue to serve us as our mind order them to. Even just imaging what Jason's body has recovered from will revive any lost faith. However, as I've been scrolling through my Facebook more than usual with this extra time, I've read so many stories of wonderful people struggling with awful health issues. One of my friends delivered her baby 3 months early, my uncle is recovering from cancer, my stepmother has been suffering after her accident, an acquaintance is losing their grandma. God has blessed me with exceptional health for the most-part, so I don't think I've ever noticed how many are suffering from bodily issues they cannot control until this week when I myself have been down. I'm ashamed of that, but also thankful for the wake-up call.
          All things considered, this Christmas, I want to send out a world-wide prayer for all of those struggling with daily tasks: from running, to walking, to even moving a finger. I pray for healing physically, mentally, and emotionally from every infection, injury, and disease for each of you who feel weak as you read this. May your recovery start mentally, and may those who surround you bless you and your family. My hope is for God to be with you, and for His presence to improve everything you have been suffering through. I wish for restoration for anything that was broken or hurting to be completely whole again, especially your hearts and spirits. Lastly, I pray that all of us, myself included, will remember to thank God every day for the blessings we have, including our wellness, and remember to praise Him through EVERY season.
         
          God bless each of you today and this week! Have a very cheerful, merry, Christmas!


Rachel Hallett



"'I will restore your health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord." 
Jeremiah 30:17

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." 
Numbers 6:24-26


Two of my favorite people who take such good care of me:
my best friend Abi & my hubby!

Special thanks to you-know-who for the bouquet!
(Yes, I've worn PJs all week)

Jason cooking for us- he made delicious orange chicken, rice, and veggies.
Means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment