Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sanity and Success

Hello Blog Friends,

          It has been a beautiful, orangeredyellowbrown, leaf-crunching, Starbucks-sipping kind of Colorado autumn this year. I have enjoyed it so much in fact, that I've collected a scarf of nearly every color, and have the boots to match! As I'm sure many of you can relate, with the joys of autumn, also comes the business of school, whether that be your own or your children's.

           Jason and I are both attempting to earn our degrees, which means running around like chickens with our sleepy heads cut off to make it to and from class in a timely manner five days of the week. The sixth day of the week is spent catching up on any sort of social lives we attempt to keep, and the seventh is booked with cleaning and attempting to catch up on homework.

         With this quick-paced rhythm, I've found myself getting used to keeping up, but somehow never catching up. Of course, I make phone calls, I turn in my work on time, I fold the laundry (usually); but as I fulfill all of the demands my hectic life has created, my heart seems to be begging for attention. Not romantic attention... Lord knows my husband is everything I love and adore. My heart is yearning for quiet time. Time to breathe, think, and find what I really desire to become. Yet, I somehow keep denying myself! Instead of taking a trip to the mountains to enjoy the fall aspens, I book an appointment.

          Is this crazy pace simply having responsibility, or is it being addicted to busy? Is it more important to do homework, go to the dentist, the gym, or to go on a date, a bike ride, or create something beautiful? All of these things are necessary, and there is nothing to be criticized about any of these tasks or activities, but how can we do it all? Better yet, how do we decide what to say yes to for the sake of our success, and what to say no to for the sake of our sanity?

          I'm well aware that this blog has no conclusion, and no advice. I have written in hopes of hearing some answers from the wise voices out there that I may be lucky enough to have interested. Hurry, before I pack two suitcases, and surprise Jason with a couple one-way tickets to a cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere!
      
         God bless you all and Happy November.. It's the month of thankfulness- the best gift any of us could ever have the honor of possessing! :)

Rachel Hallett


Pumpkin patch with my pumpkin!


"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens." 
Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment